- Full Time
The New York Post video team is seeking a video editor with producer smarts to help create compelling, shareable videos. Someone who believes news doesn’t have to be boring and who appreciates the odd and unconventional stories as well as important ones.
You must edit fast and with flourish. Expertise with key products in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects). You’ll edit videos for digital platforms using a mix of original footage, stock footage and social media content. Along with editing digitally-native short form video, you will help generate our content, pitching video ideas daily and contributing to the team brainstorming. Must be knowledgeable and skilled to pitch across a variety of topic areas from national news, trends and tabloid fare. The ability to write a short script a plus. A can-do attitude is key to pitch in when necessary and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
We seek a candidate who is excited about new types of multimedia storytelling and has a track record of creating digital video. Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content, not TV-related.
This is an opportunity to work with an iconic media brand as it experiences exponential digital growth. New York Post and Page Six videos have received more than a billion views in the two past years.
· 2-3 years experience editing short form video for digital outlets.
· Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere.
· Ability to color correct and mix audio.
· Experience working both with and without producers.
· Experience with multicam editing.
· Ability to select and use music to match the tone and style of the story.
· Must be organized, work well in a fast-paced environment and be a team-player.
experience working in a fast-paced newsroom environment on weekly deadlines.
· Open to working evenings and weekends, on rare cases if required.
· Resume, link to editing reel and cover letter. Include your point of view about what
makes a video shareable.
· Provide two ideas for quick videos based on the news of this week.
· Email materials
The New York Post is the nation’s oldest newspaper with the youngest, most ambitious video department! We want to make our mark in digital video and create memorable work and new watching habits among our audience. The legacy of the great headlines conveys the attributes of our videos: bold, irreverent, judgmental, confident and clever. We want to make videos that surprise viewers. We seek someone who appreciates serious and quirky stories.
The New York Post is an EOE.