Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As an Overnight Researcher, you will work directly with Associate Producers, Producers and Senior Producers to help write and assist in the production of original content for TODAY. The shift for this position is Sunday through Thursday.
Duties:Assist in producing original news content, primarily for broadcast, including research, conducting interviews, and supporting field producing and shooting.Pitch story ideas and work on assigned storied developed by the editorial team.Researchers are expected to help fill in for Pas and Gfx coordinator, whenever needed.Responsible for all teases, intros and tag b-rolls in the 7, 8, 9 and 10a hours of the showTape producer for Trending and PopStart segmentsGather material for the show opens (stills, videos, breaking news elements)Coordinate with the late/overnight researchers and help with last minute b-roll requests or fixesWork with an editor and push material to playback
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Must have 1+ years of experience working in production, at the network or syndication level.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment as the researchers consistently work against deadlines and often, in breaking news situations.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in NYC.
• DV shooting experience.
• Experience in non-linear editing.
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news, current events and pop culture.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.