Producer, Technology, CNBC.com
Location: San Francisco, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Shoot and edit original video content including (but not limited to) day-of stories, features, premium content and weekly video franchises/series for use on all CNBC platformsEdit snappy, well-paced original videos using social best practices targeting Facebook, Twitter and related platforms
CNBC is seeking an experienced, tech-obsessed video producer to join the growing technology team in either the San Francisco bureau or CNBC’s headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. This candidate should be comfortable in all aspects of video production – and possess a unique storytelling voice. The candidate will develop short documentary-style video stories tailored for digital audiences. Strong editorial judgment, writing, editing and reporting experience is necessary. A passion for technology, science and innovation business stories is paramount.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting idea-generator who can capture footage and interviews from the field—and produce strong journalism using text, graphics, and third-party footage to build engaging segments. The digital producer will pitch and create engaging videos and will assist other producers/reporters to shoot and edit a myriad of stories. The ideal candidate also has on-camera experience and is equally as comfortable in front of the camera as behind the camera. Successful candidates will have a passion to explore and understand the world around them with special attention to technology and business news.
• 4-5 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Solid scriptwriting ability and punchy copy writing/video annotation skills a must
• Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Strong knowledge of current events and technology news
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
• Sourcing and contacts in the business and technology space
• Masters degree in journalism or film production
• Photography experience
• Skills in After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
• Expertise in shooting with drones
• Interest in emerging social media platforms
• Willingness to explore other mediums such as podcasts or virtual/augmented reality
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.