Digital Solutions Manager
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford which furthers the University’s objective of excellent in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The ELT Division is a global leader in the provision of English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
About the role
This fixed term contract role provides an exciting opportunity to join the Digital Solution Managers Team within the English Language Teaching (ELT) Division.
As a Digital Solutions Manager you will manage digital solutions through their lifecycle to ensure they continue to support ELT’s business propositions and to underpin the digital eco-system. A key part of the role will be ensuring solution roadmaps are aligned to with divisional strategic objectives.
Acting as a product owner on key priority initiatives you will take responsibility for the delivery of release requirements, the product backlog and relevant business related documentation. Working closely with colleagues in Content Teams, Global Technology and other key stakeholders you will ensure that product deliverables which support delivery of the agreed publishing plan and the integrated offer are taken to market.
About the candidate
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in a product management role or demonstrate product management capabilities in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills, sensitive to cultural similarities and differences.
- Experience of delivering a digital products and/or platform.
- Experience of working and influencing cross-functional teams.
- A keen interest in delivering digital products that have been designed to educate and inform.
- Demonstrate commercial as well as technical product acumen, with an ability to take a pragmatic approach to resolving problems.
- Experience of market analysis & planning
Desired skills and experience:
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge of publishing would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Agile project methodology would be an advantage
This is a fixed term contract role until March 2019, with the possibility of converting to a permanent position.