- Full Time
U.S. News & World Report is seeking an Account Executive to work in its New York office. The Account Executive will play a pivotal role with U.S. News & World Report’s front line sales force in targeting, researching, and soliciting potential advertisers. The ideal candidate for this position will have 2 - 3 years of experience as a digital sales professional and must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able to operate successfully in a team and customer service oriented environment. This Account Executive role is highly strategic, demanding a big picture thinker with a unique and conceptual approach to sales. The role is execution-oriented, requiring a hands-on, ambitious, “get-it-done” mentality. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, proven performer with a passion for selling U.S. News & World Report.
For over 85 years, U.S. News & World Report has been a publisher of news and information that empowers people to make better, more informed decisions about important issues affecting their lives. USNews.com has become one of the fastest growing news and information brands by bringing the company's heritage of credible advice, guidance, and data journalism to a global online audience.
- Generate a high volume of sales-related activity, including: cold calls, meetings, RFPs, and client entertaining.
- Target, solicit and secure new business by utilizing exemplary sales skills, networking ability, and media tools.
- Work across a variety of different internal groups to execute integrated solutions for the advertiser.
- Structure, negotiate and close complex and sophisticated deals involving top-level decision makers both within client and agency organizations.
- Interface continuously and work effectively with the company’s top management creating solid internal relationships, bringing a “big picture” perspective to the business development effort as well as defining ongoing priorities and new opportunities.
- An understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem. Solid relationships with key decision makers at the agency and brand levels
- A track record of opening new accounts and driving new business
- A reputation for being an enthusiastic, energetic, effective networker who enjoys the selling process and is committed to building relationships and adding credibility for the Company
- A strong customer focus coupled with a sense of urgency for the business, and a passion for delivering the highest level of client service
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to close a deal
- Excellent follow-up, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written. The ability to speak to a senior level audience with confidence.
- Experience with financial services and corporate/thought-leader brands is a plus
- A solid working knowledge of media planning tools, Salesforce and Microsoft office
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan.