Cloud Solutions Engineer (Northeast)
- Full Time
The Cox Business CloudSolutions Engineer - RapidScale is a technical sales support role that partnerswith the Cox Business mid-market and enterprise sales teams for complex managedservices solutions in a cloud hosting environment (cloud solutions) to achieveour financial goals. Partnering with themarket-level Cox Business sales teams, this person develops, manages, designsand works to close a pipeline of Cloud Solutions opportunities. After introduction and prequalification bythe Cox Business sales reps, this role is responsible for driving the salesprojects to successful close alongside the RapidScale sales resources.Simultaneously, this position aligns with the sales and solutions engineeringteams of RapidScale to validate solution designs, price complex configurations,plan capacity for new customer deployments and to manage their market’s CloudSolution opportunity pipeline. This role is a subject matter expert in allRapidScale solutions and works to continually improve their technicalcompetencies in alignment with the product roadmap of the RapidScale division.
Primary Responsibilities and EssentialFunctions
- Foster new CloudSolutions opportunities in partnership with Cox Business sales team(s) andpartner with RapidScale to drive those opportunities to successful close.
- Suppliesgo-to-market support for the sales teams in the local market by supplyingproduct training and providing routine (monthly) updates to those teams.
- Managesand maintains required pipeline and forecast data, providing updates asrequired by management.
- Meets or exceedsmonthly, quarterly and annual quantitative performance objectives for the CloudSolutions product segment. Goals are shared between the Cox Business salesorganization and the RapidScale sales and engineering teams.
- Keepscustomer/prospect database up to date by recording all activities,transactions, and communications with customers.
- Preparesregular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using softwaredesigned for that purpose.
- Communicates with prospective customers in person, byphone, email or other technology to develop new or expanded solutions and setan appointment to understand their business and explore mutually beneficialobjectives using solution selling techniques.
- Meetswith prospective and existing customers in person or by conference call tounderstand their business, to explore mutually beneficial objectives, collectinformation required to assess their Cloud Solutions needs in detail and estimatethe amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
- Collaborateswith RapidScale Solutions Engineering Team todetermine appropriate solutions to meet complex customer needs. Developsproposals and multi-media sales presentations.
- Builds an effective consultative relationship withcustomers during the sales process to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Takes a leadingrole in senior level presentations and large-scale customer negotiations withSales Teams and Sales Partners in a manner that fosters trust and confidence inthe RapidScale offering for the customer or prospect.
- Assists the CoxBusiness sales teams with Cloud Solutions design, solution pricing and solutionpresentation to the customer.
- Ensure smoothtransfer of solution design details and knowledge from Cloud Solutions team toEngineering teams and Project Management teams for all new serviceimplementations.
- Ensure solutionscomply with RapidScale operational processes and policies related to solutiondesign and implementation.
- 5 ormore years of experience required in some variety of managed IT services or cloud services; 3 or more years of experience required if candidatepossesses a related advanced degree
- 3years successful business-to-business sales, sales support or product marketingexperience for a managed services provider, cloud services provider orother IT services business
- The ability towork within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignmentsautonomously. This position will require working with several departments anddifferent personalities.
- Validdriver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Functionalcompetency using modern business tools and sales for automation (SFA) platformssuch as Microsoft Office 365 (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Teams), WebexTeams, Slack, and SalesForce
- Excellentskill in adaptability, applied learning, assignment management, buildingrelationships, written communication, expanding and advancing opportunities,formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication,continuous learning, PC skills, reasoning, and sustained customer satisfaction,in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BAin related discipline strongly desired
- History oftechnical sales support in a managed IT services, managed hosting or cloudservices business
- Knowledgeof IT managedservices and/or cloud managed services with a networkof local contacts
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-NY-Albany-Albany Remote
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing