Director Of Marketing and Communications
3 days left
- Full Time
Once a private estate, Wave Hill is a renowned 28-acre public garden and cultural center with stunning views of the Hudson River and the Palisades, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. Wave Hill seeks to engender meaningful human connections to the natural world through world-class horticulture, environmental education, and contemporary art and performance. For more information on Wave Hill, please visit www.wavehill.org.
Wave Hill is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications, a big picture thinker who can articulate, and lead us in implementing, the core values of the institution as well as the goals and aspirations of our newly completed strategic plan to raise the profile of the institution regionally, nationally and internationally. The Director will respond to opportunities and seek out new partnerships to enhance Wave Hill’s reputation and stature within the cultural and horticultural communities. The Director will be responsible for the institution’s marketing and communications strategy with a focus on digital media. The candidate should be a seasoned, strategic thinker who can encapsulate ideas to inspire audiences.
The Director plays a key role as part of the senior management team of the organization and as such should be a careful listener who will incorporate the ideas of others, find consensus within a group and build upon this foundation. We are looking for a creative and dynamic individual who can inspire and motivate, and take an inclusive approach to seasonal and annual strategy and content development.
The Marketing and Communications department consists of a talented team of 3 staff members which includes an Assistant Director who manages the production staff and handles all editing, production, and design (both print and digital), video and audio production, signage, press releases and interface with the press. The Director is expected to partner with the Assistant Director to lead in a collaborative, positive and inclusive manner providing opportunities for growth and learning.
The Director oversees Wave Hill’s web and digital channels and will have the opportunity to implement a new Digital Strategy, including the design of a new website. Working with a committee of staff and board the Director will shape the architecture and content of the site, which will include a responsive design, digital tools for use on-site and the integration of accessibility tools.
The Director will:
- Manage Wave Hill’s brand identity from a reputational perspective.
- Formulate and manage the annual department budget.
- Ensure Wave Hill is well represented by the media, government agencies, and institutional partners, including preparing other staff and board to represent the organization to these entities.
- Brief executive staff on any and all external issues affecting the institution.
- Ensure that the institution Interfaces regularly and appropriately with such groups as Bronx Tourism, NYC&Co, and other tourism organizations.
- Work with department heads to support the marketing and promotion of earned income areas such as private events, tours, corporate conferences, and the shop.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the department, senior and executive staff including the Director of Development and the Senior Director of Arts and Programs to identify goals, strategies, stories, influencers and audiences, and to develop marketing alliances and promotional opportunities.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, creative, energetic, high-level strategist with a minimum of ten years’ experience in marketing and communications in a senior role, preferably in a cultural institution or garden setting or other non-profit. The candidate should feel equally comfortable in a team or a leadership role, be nimble in response to opportunities and remain calm under pressure. Other qualities include excellent communications skills both written and verbal, good organizational ability, a balanced and responsible approach to sensitive issues; strong writing skills, and excellent design sense. Bachelor’s degree required.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary expectation in a single PDF document by email via the link provided. Please include Director of Marketing & Communication in the subject line. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.
Wave Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive
Apply for Director Of Marketing and Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly