- Full Time
Love the challenge of creating great copy…but sick of peddling products you couldn’t care less about? Join us!
ARTech Holdings, LLC, is a technology incubator with a mission to support the Live Arts by adapting best-in-class business tech solutions for Arts and Entertainment application. Sounds complicated, but it’s really quite simple: we believe that theatre and the performing arts make the world a better, richer, and more humane place, so we want to help artists succeed.
What makes us think we understand what they need? Just the combo of the near dozen startups our founders have taken from zero to multimillion-dollar sales and the three Tony awards (plus an Olivier and a Drama League, for good measure) that one of them has won for his work as a Broadway and West End Producer.
We wholeheartedly reject the idea that artists should have to struggle in order be considered legitimate or successful. Our web-based tools and service offerings help performers and performing arts producers easily, strategically, and professionally manage the business aspects of their projects and careers.
But here’s the thing: they don’t always know that solutions are out there, or that they’re accessible and easy to use. That’s where you come in.
The Copywriter’s Role
Everything we do at ARTech comes down to supporting artists and helping them connect with their audiences at the school, community, and professional levels.
This position plays a critical role in communicating our mission and vision to our multiple audiences, helping them to identify pain points that they may not realize are within their control, and sometimes easing them outside of their current comfort zones to adopt tech solutions for things they’ve been doing manually—or not at all.
We know we’re offering great value (and we’ve got the testimonials to prove it). We need you to convey the message authentically and in a way that establishes and grows real relationships within our niche markets.
You’ll be making a direct and positive impact on the lives and work of not only our clients and customers, but the people who are inspired and changed by the artistic works they put out into the world.
In this Job You’ll Write Copy for:
- Websites – public-facing, user back end, and member content
- Direct marketing – btb & btc
- Inbound lead-generating content
- Digital ads
- Social media
- Product newsletters
This is a full-time, contract-to-hire opportunity in a dynamic creative environment with a team of successful serial entrepreneurs who also happen to be theatre geeks. We take life, business, and the arts very seriously, but never ourselves.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree in Marketing, Communications, or Arts Management preferred but not required;
- Agency or theatrical marketing experience, with the ability to adapt tone and voice for a variety of audiences;
- A working knowledge of SEO and Google ads, with analytics preferred;
- Some experience with UX architecture preferred but not required; or an innate sense of how copy contributes to the flow of user experience;
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines;
- An eye and an ear for what’s working well and what could be working better;
- A genuine interest in the live arts and familiarity with the needs, wants, and language of the theater community in particular;
- Comfortable working on a team with remote contributors in key roles.
You’re a motivated self-starter who thrives in a collaborative work environment and who can roll with the pace of life in a scaling startup.
You’re excited to take ownership of your projects, so your investment doesn’t end once the original copy is finalized. You’re eager to see results—and to tweak things next time around based on new data.
You love language and ideas, but don’t get particularly attached to your drafts or take notes personally. Copywriting, to you, is a puzzle to figure out, not a matter of ego.
You bring intelligence, focus, and positivity to the office every day and invest yourself whole-heartedly because you value the chance to do well while doing good.
Our Character Profile
At ARTech we are passionate about our vision and committed to empowering our clients, as well as those who work with and for the company. We’re also committed to having fun along the way.
We look for people with these qualities to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion to make a real, positive impact with the work you do
- Hungry: for personal success and to be a part of something big
- Empathy: skilled at relationships and curious to connect and engage with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders
- Mastery mindset: internally motivated to learn, grow, and develop professionally and as an individual
- Flexibility: the ability to roll with shifts in focus and priority and to adapt approach as new information becomes available
- Humor: startup culture isn’t for everyone, but we’ve found that a sense of humor goes a long way when pressure is high and deadlines are tight
What We Have to Offer
We believe that when you hire someone, you change the trajectory of their life for better or for worse—and we take that responsibility very seriously. That means that we invest in our people not just for what they bring to the particular role for which they are hired, but also for who and what they want to become.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in all its forms.
Our full-time employees receive excellent benefits with significant employer contribution, including medical, dental, vision, and FinFit financial wellness service. We will soon be rolling out a 401K retirement plan, as well.
ARTech is headquarted right smack in the middle of the New York’s Theatre District. We are closely connected to and share space with our co-founder’s production company. There will be opportunities to engage with the showier side of the business, including occasional free tickets to Broadway shows and regular proximity to artists in their natural habitat.