Segment Producer, MSNBC Dayside
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Write and produce segments with speed and error-free in a breaking news environmentDetermine video and sound for assigned segments Communicate daily development of segments to Senior and Executive Producer Pitch story ideas
We are looking for an experienced Segment Producer to write and produce segments with speed and accuracy for daily news programming, in a breaking news environment. The Segment Producer is responsible for consistently delivering compelling in depth news stories. The focus is on breaking news and politics.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.)
• Must have at least 3 years in both tape and desktop editing
• Thorough knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Back-up line producer
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.