Ad Sales Associates Program-2019
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Gaining real-world experience, honing research, media-buying, presentation, networking, negotiating, client development, marketing and advertising skills, while increasing business acumen and knowledge of the Media and Advertising Sales industry.Participating in a formal orientation and systems training, along with on-the-job training, mentorship, professional development workshops and ongoing discussions about performance and career pathing.Rotating between two different departments, participating in meetings and providing business and project management support. Assignments include: TV & Digital Account Management, Integrated Marketing, Client Partnerships, Research & Insights and Operations & Strategy.Having the unique opportunity to rotate across our vast portfolio of brands which include Entertainment, Lifestyle, News, Sports, and Hispanic.
The NBCUniversal Advertising Sales business has been united as one, seamless portfolio with a powerful ability to amplify an advertiser’s message and reach the right consumer in precise, targeted ways. With two broadcast networks (English and Spanish language), 15 cable properties and more than 50 digital properties, advertisers can build ideas around their brands that leverage our unparalleled range and diversity of networks, channels and digital platforms.
The NBCUniversal Ad Sales Associates program is a one-year, early-career rotational program for recent graduates who may be interested in careers in Sales, Marketing, Research, and Strategy. Associates will rotate through key areas of the business, gaining hands-on experience, building relationships and making an impact from day one. The program also offers ongoing training and development meant to prepare Associates for staff positions within Ad Sales at the end of the program.
Program Experience includes (but are not limited to):
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Up to 1 year prior relevant internship/work experience
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
• 2019 Program Dates: July 2019 – July 2020.
• Desired Backgrounds: Advertising, Sales, Marketing, Data Analytics, Economics, Research, Operations Research or Business, with a desire to learn about different areas of the Advertising field. Prior experience with an agency, client or media company sales organization is a plus.
• Desired Characteristics: Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrates an interest in Sales, Marketing, Research, and Strategy.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environments and handle multiple projects at once.
• Demonstrates initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.