- Full Time
This position supports the PR & Communications and Social Media departments with research, strategy, outreach, and other activities to enhance public relations, communications, social media engagement, and reputation-building efforts for the Association.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain knowledge of the global media landscape. Develop traditional and non-traditional media contact lists. Communicate with global legal and business reporters on a daily basis. Field media inquiries.
- Draft news releases and media pitches, as well as copy edit ACC external communications.
- Set key messaging for the association and its executive leadership/spokespersons via interview talking points. Help to prepare ACC leaders for media interviews.
- Secure high-level placements, such as bylined articles or op-eds, in business, legal trades, or industry publications, including international publications (outlets such as LegalWeek, Financial Times, and more).
- Write bylined articles, op-eds, Q&As, and other articles on behalf of the ACC executive leadership team/spokespersons. Conduct research on legal and business issues in order to provide thoughtful, nuanced, and forward-looking angles for articles.
- Secure thought leadership opportunities on issues affecting the practice of in-house counsel around the world in order to raise the visibility of ACC leaders and the association in general.
- Plan and execute communications plans on ACC products, events, and services in furtherance of the association’s goals and initiatives.
- Develop and prepare executive presentation materials, including speech writing, slide shows, and charts/graphs, for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Daily news monitoring, including press release pick-ups, interview placements, and social media mentions. Maintain strong media intelligence. Compile media placements for analytics, future metrics, and internal distribution channels. Provide media metrics and analytics to the executive team and board of directors, as requested.
- Create press materials for key events and speaking engagements.
- Assist with preparation for the ACC Annual Meeting and other ACC education programs, including creation of press guidelines, vetting of press pass requests, and management of press inquiries. Provide support before/during/after meetings for all PR-related activities.
- Write copy for the ACC newsroom and other news items on ACC.com; coordinate internal news postings.
- Use PR analytics tools, including Meltwater and Dataminr, to stay up-to-date on the current media landscape.
- Analyze social and digital media analytics to advance ACC’s content strategy.
- Direct ACC’s presence and messaging on all social media platforms. This includes: Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin.
- Review all relevant ACC activities, products, services, and news in order to develop editorial calendars and draft content for all ACC social media channels. Post at least once daily on each LinkedIn channel and on Facebook. Post at least three times daily on Twitter.
- Track relevant social media influencers, including active ACC members. Identify relevant and popular resources.
- Participate daily in key social media platforms by posting, tagging, answering questions, engaging, monitoring competitive activities, and reporting results.
- Regularly monitor and track discussion topics to report to relevant/key staff members, including discussions on ACC education programs and initiatives.
- Spearhead paid and organic campaigns across social media channels to increase engagement and lead generation. Use sponsored content, InMail messaging, text ads, and other tactics to create multifaceted campaigns to promote ACC.
- Set content strategy for social media on collaborative efforts with Marketing and other ACC departments. Use data analytics to report on success of efforts and to provide benchmarking data for future ACC marketing efforts.
- Work with ACC membership department on social media advertising for lead generation, recruitment, and retention purposes.
- Advise ACC executives/spokespersons, chapters, networks, and affiliated groups (such as the ACC Foundation and ACC Docket) on the effective use of social media, including guidance on ACC branding guidelines.
- Present to ACC chapters, networks, and other groups (such as ACC Legal Operations) on social media best practices, as requested.
- Develop and prepare social media content for ACC education programs and initiatives.
- Create innovative ways to use social media to engage with ACC members, especially at ACC in-person education events.
- Follow trends in the ever-evolving social media space and provide recommendations and strategy on how ACC can capitalize on social media to best reach members, prospects, and other key audiences.
- Develop weekly report on ACC social media activities (number of followers, visits, clicks, impressions, etc.) for benchmarking purposes.
- Use social media analytics tools, including Meltwater and Dataminr, to stay up-to-date on the latest trends in social media and the latest data analytics regarding ACC’s social efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or English or a related field.
- Excellent writing experience and presentation abilities; must have full/part-time work experience in media and/or agency environments.
- A team player who demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and thrives in a deadline driven environment.
- Fulfill the PR & Communications and Social Media departments’ daily activities.
- Set strategy for the Social Media department.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete various assignments under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience using social media platforms, tools, and tactics on behalf of a global membership organization.
- Understanding of social media trends and new strategies, including for digital ad campaigns/member recruitment.
- Strong computer skills required; database experience, Meltwater and/or other communications reporting tools knowledge is required.
ACC seeks to hire multi-lingual candidates with fluency in English and a second language, with a preference in French, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Arabic.
Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Travels out of the office 2-3 times per year.