2 days left
- Full Time
Join the fastest-growing digital news outlet as we build and expand an amazing team.
Circa is the national-facing news and entertainment brand of Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBG), one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the United States.
We are seeking an Executive Producer who is a strong leader with extensive experience across digital video platforms to expand Circa’s online footprint, nurture the talent and skill of our staff, and grow our audience across social platforms especially amongst our targeted demographics.
The Executive Producer will lead a team of producers on creating and executing unique, compelling content for Circa. The ideal candidate possesses a strong writing and storytelling background and has forward thinking attitude coupled with the ability to think big picture.
The position is based in Arlington, VA.
- Oversee content and presentation across all platforms (broadcast/digital/social)
- Supervise the writing of content, including stories, captions, headlines, digital copy and social posts from the pitch process to publication
- Develop and nurture skills and innovation amongst staff. Ability to help others growing, particularly producers and reporters
- Improve the quality of Circa content to ensure quality is consistent across platforms
- Demonstration of strong news and editorial judgment as well as a high standard of journalistic ethics
- Ability to listen and assess challenges and opportunities to collaborate to find solutions, and implement change
- Ability to drive creativity and appetite to publish innovative, original content
- Possesses an easy-going, confident attitude to be able to fit in with and lead our team
- Proficient at multitasking and prioritizing in a newsroom setting
- Maintains a positive outlook – a journalist who inspires others
- Deep understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram and other established and emerging social platforms
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5-7 years of producing experience in a digital or mobile media environment
- Successful track record of innovative video storytelling
- Demonstrated ability reaching and growing an audience via riveting storytelling through social media and web platforms
Circa, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.