We are a team of people from various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds who value professional development and work/life balance. It’s our belief that our team and our work are both made better by our diversity. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
We are looking for an experienced Post Production Manager to join our team. This role will be responsible for developing a post-production strategy for original productions as well as technical guidance and support to all of post-production. The Post Production Manager must have a depth of technical experience in video post-production and this role requires a strong video production background, graphics knowledge a plus. The ideal candidate is a highly creative self-starter who works well with other teams, is organized, has a love of troubleshooting, a comprehensive knowledge of post-production workflow, and has a keen understanding of NowThis' mission and content.
This position reports to the Head of Production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and support editors and freelancers on best practices
- Work closely with the Video team in developing a post-production strategy, streamlining workflows and asset organization for media
- Stay in tune with cutting edge software and hardware developments in the industry and work with production team to find ways to integrate these into our workflow.
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules, deadlines and deliveries
- Report appropriate music usage to APM
- Collaborate on development and maintenance of media archival system
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least several years experience in developing and producing Web Video content across multiple platforms
- Proficient with Premiere Pro, the Adobe Creative Cloud, After Effects
- Expert in digital production workflow, tools, and technologies
- Basic experience with audio programs (ie ProTools or Audacity)
- Working knowledge of file sharing services (ie Dropbox, Google drive, Frame.io, Signiant) a must
- Experience adhering to editorial guidelines and best practices
- Experience with MAM and DAM (or DIT) systems a strong plus
- Understanding of Live stream workflow and Live Production
- Experience managing 4k workflow systems, Linux, and managing video servers a plus.
- Impeccable work ethic with strong creative, organizational and collaboration skills
- Highly skilled in managing multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Can work independently and within a team
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals & activism (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.