- Full Time
About Us: The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $800 million in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various therapeutic strategies and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients. In order to achieve our mission of finding a cure for PD it is critical that we engage with, and bring together, members of the PD community including researchers, physicians, health professionals and most important, people with Parkinson's and their families. We believe that raising the Foundation’s profile with a broader audience will help us more efficiently reach and mobilize highly engaged stakeholders who are more likely to feel personally vested in helping speed progress toward a cure.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible. MJFF raises over $90 million annually. Today, the Foundation has approximately 140 full-time employees who are based in New York City. This is an onsite position and is not conducive to telecommuting.
The Foundation is seeking a skilled UX/interaction designer to translate business strategy into design. The position will play a critical role maintaining the Foundation’s newly redesigned website (launching Q4 2018), including creating new website pages, stand-alone landing pages and emails and optimizing existing pages.
Qualified candidates are experts on user behavior and UX and have experience in making web analytics-informed design decisions. The UX Designer must have deep knowledge of online design trends, responsive design principles, accessibility and user-centered design. Ideal candidates have a minimum 3+ years of experience working at an interactive agency or similar in-house department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design IAs, wireframes, storyboards, process flows and prototypes that express and optimize Foundation digital KPIs
- Collaborate with Marketing, Communications, Web Development and other in-house or agency producers (digital asset creators, photographers, video producers, etc.) to maintain design consistency across all web properties
- Collaborate in discovery process for new website features and functionality
- Preform regular UX testing sessions with in-person and online participants
- Act as advocate for user throughout entire design process
- Guide against online design creep and work within established Foundation brand guidelines
Skills, Experience and Education
- Minimum three years working with web properties in a design role
- BSc/BA in Digital Design, Computer Science or related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong skills in graphic-design tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and knowledge of prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch
- Familiarity with Drupal CMS
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.