3 days left
- Full Time
Position: Graphic Designer
Position Reports to: Director of Design
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
With over 70 years as a family owned business, we pride ourselves on delivering a world class customer experience and product. We have revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We are growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 60+ showrooms and growing across the country, a state of the art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly design inspiration book. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky is the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Medical Benefits
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
THE POSITION: Graphic Designer
Do you want to help steer the creative vision at one of the fastest growing home decor companies in the country? This is your chance to make a real impact with a high-end, designer brand on the cusp of becoming a household name. We need seriously talented applicants with impeccable, clean taste. There will be very little that you won’t touch. If you have the skills, we want to hear from you.
- Partner with Creative Director and Photo Editor on the creation and implementation of showroom photography from initial stages through to completion.
- Pursue/embrace opportunities to personally grow and develop skills/competencies.
- Use multiple methods from print to digital, develop layouts and designs, positioning and formatting all visual aspects of typography, color, illustration and aspects of photography, color and typography.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to track and accomplish goals.
- Engage internal and external resources to execute deliverables for print, digital, and other distribution venues.
- Meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Photography/Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work onsite at our headquarters in Port Chester, NY
- Must be an organized self-starter with photography and AD chops.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in high-end photography. (Home décor a plus!)
- Strong graphic layout expertise and creative interpretation skills.
- Experience with web ads---banner ads, rich media, websites and emails.
- Solid expertise in photography, retouching, layout, visual placement, image scaling, and production.
- Excellent prioritization, detailed oriented and time management skills.
- Expert CC 2015 including Photoshop, InDesign and light room.
- Solid experience dealing with vendors and budgets
- Knowledge of Acrobat Pro
- Experience with web ads
- Comfortable with MS Office
- Strong ideation and concept skills
- Basic HTML skills a plus
- C4d or comparable 3D program a plus
- Working with video and video editing a plus
If you are looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we would love to hear from you!
Apply for Graphic Designer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly