Video Editor - Temp
3 days left
Would you like to work at an organization that consistently wins journalism prizes, including local New York Emmys, for its outstanding videos and photography?
Newsday Media Group, a leading news organization on Long Island, has a temporary six-month position open for a video editor with a proven track record of visual-storytelling. This journalist will be working as part of an eleven-person team to produce and edit documentary-style videos for all of platforms.
- Experience at a medium to large multimedia news organization that has resulted in a with a portfolio of visual work.
- Good news judgment and a clear understanding of journalistic ethics.
- Strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task while working on multiple assignments.
- Proficiency in video editing software, primarily Adobe Creative Suite - Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, etc.
- Flexibility with scheduling- night and weekend assignments are required.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely to produce clean copy.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Driver’s license and a car.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or equivalent experience with a publication or media outlet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ingest raw footage from videographers, archive the clips, then edit that footage into news story, with a focus on a documentary style.
- Produce informative, creative storytelling for a variety of situations – daily hard news stories, short and long-form documentaries, feature stories, reporter cell phone videos, etc.
- Post completed videos to Newsday’s website and social media pages.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke- free workplace.