Head of News Development
- Full Time
Altice USA News is looking for a passionate and creative visionary to lead an amazing group of journalists into the future of local news. The Head of News Development will play a key role in the growth and evolution of our fast -growing news business.
Assist in the management of content and editorial across all Altice USA News networks and businesses to grow ratings and engagement with our audiences
Create, develop and implement new content initiatives for News 12
Drive content development, new strategies, analytics-based content decisions, and content partnerships.
Develop joint programming and operational opportunities across the News 12 networks and regions
Develop new production models for presenting content and sponsorships through creative ideas for programs, digital ventures and social media.
Work with Head of Operations to manage expenses and budget properly thru interactions with Region’s news operations and help to optimize their use of manpower, capital and other resources to increase efficiencies in staffing and purchasing in their operations.
Monitor and report competitive industry trends and keep the team apprised of relevant developments that impact our content and editorial capabilities
Responsible for managing, tracking and communicating the status of ongoing network initiatives in weekly formats as well as monthly meetings.
Work with the Altice USA News management team (Marketing, Digital, Operations, HR, Finance, etc) to drive success for the organization
Work with the News Directors and other appropriate executives to implement formats based on research results.
Oversee program quality and improvement and support the control of expenses, increase of revenue and distribution
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a News Director or key corporate executive for a major TV news organization.Minimum 7 year content research experience, especially in news and ratings dealing with major research organizations such as Nielsen.
- Significant experience combining TV and Digital media content initiatives
- Proven track record to increase viewer engagement and identifying business development opportunities.
- Deep understanding of audience segments with related experience in focus group management, data analysis.
- Strong experience in executive presentation, measures of success, can gather, build, and tell a story with data points that showcases value of our brands and a story about our audiences.
- Ability to generate and evaluate ideas for best-in-class digital platforms, content, and bring to life.
- Extensive knowledge of current editorial trends in markets, technology, investing, and media.
- Experience managing multiple projects and bring them in on budget and on time.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure and quickly shift direction/scope of projects to meet the needs of the company.