Reporter, NBC BLK
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
About NBC BLK
NBC BLK is a division of NBC News Digital. NBC BLK features original news reporting, compelling video and engaging perspectives centered around the diverse black experience in America and abroad. Our stories challenge the narratives surrounding race, identity and culture.
The Reporter will be an integral part of the production and promotion of NBC BLK content.
The ideal candidate’s top priority will be to aggressively pitch and execute breaking news, investigative, feature and enterprise stories. Additionally, the Reporter will need to be well versed in managing and utilizing major social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The role will also require someone who can keep track of the latest trending topics and potentially assist in the planning and production of content or events related to NBC BLK.
This position reports directly into the Editorial Manager of BLK.
• Report news, investigative, feature and enterprise stories
• Aggressively pitch ideas for daily content across platforms (Text, video, photo, social)
• Help manage social media accounts as needed
• Assist in any editing, planning, production and promotion for NBC BLK as needed
• Minimum of 3 years of related professional experience in reporting and producing news content and digital news media.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for issues impacting black people in America and abroad
• Strong written and communication skills
• Experience writing AP-style news stories
• Excellent knowledge of all major social media platforms
• Video production and broadcast experience is a plus
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Obsession, passion and deep knowledge of news, politics and black culture
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while on deadline
• Strong organizational skills and solid work ethic
• Ability to take direction well and provide self-direction
• Excellent interpersonal skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.