Manager, Marketing & Events, Brand Activation
- Full Time
Manager, Marketing & Events, Brand Activation
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers, and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes nearly 2,000 companies with 25,000 brands that engage almost 150,000 industry professionals and collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. The membership is comprised of more than 1,100 client-side marketers and more than 800 marketing service provider members, which include leading marketing data science and technology suppliers, ad agencies, law firms, consultants, and vendors. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
The Brand Activation team, is looking for a self-starter/self-motivated individual who can work both autonomously and collaboratively to achieve success for the ANA Brand Activation events team. The Brand Activation Manager will be responsible for all aspects of speaker/sponsor coordination, acquiring head shots/bios and session title/abstracts; supporting Conferences team with logistics coordination and on-site execution for multiple events. Spearhead event marketing and pre-event through post-event execution of regional Committee meetings including partnering cross-functionally to deliver event goals – awareness, engagement, attendance; manage all aspects of speaker/sponsor coordination; assist Director, Brand Activation Division in brainstorming speakers, topics, venues, outreach initiatives; ensure website content is always up to date via CMS; create and schedule email marketing campaigns to recruit attendance. Poised under pressure to handle last minute changes/requests.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and execute several events at varying phases in the event process
- Strong logistics and budget management skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Execute events to uphold and exceed ANA standards
- Execute marketing communications plan, including developing copy, directing creative development and production
- Proactively avoids/reduces potential issues
- Utilize data and insights to evaluate successes and improvements needed for future programming, marketing, and annual planning process
- Assist Director, Brand Activation Division, in brainstorming speakers, topics, venues, growth/retention strategies, attendee outreach, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally (ANA Sponsorship, Conferences, Member Relations, Marketing, Content, Research, Creative, IT Teams) to deliver on goals – awareness, engagement, attendance
- Strong Client-facing/ relationship building skills with co-chairs, members, potential speakers, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication between internal and external teams
- Passionate about staying up to date with Marketing Industry (specifically Brand Activation) needs, news, research, technology/tools, trends, potential speakers, topics, etc.
- Actively promotes Brand Activation events, content, trainings, research, and other offerings to ANA membership and prospects to build Brand Activation awareness and adoption
- Constantly seeking to improve processes, member experience, and grow attendance
- Creative storytelling/photography/graphics for social media posts, blog posts, newsletters, flyers, other marketing to build brand activation and awareness
- Entrepreneurial spirit; seeks innovative and low-cost ways to deliver on goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have 5+ years of business experience in a related meeting or event planning role
- Marketing knowledge/understanding/experience required (with a preference for Brand Activation and/or Event Marketing experience)
- Proficient in Outlook Email and Calendar, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Keynote, Internet research, Adobe Acrobat
- Budget management
- Experience with CRM Database, Content Management Systems, Marketing Platforms, Webinar Systems
- Some travel required
If your skills, experience, and enthusiasm align with this position’s requirements and responsibilities, please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered.