- Full Time
WHYY is seeking a full-time radio producer.
This producer will work closely with two other producer/hosts to produce a new daily news podcast/broadcast show that will begin airing on WHYY radio this fall.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical audio production skills, a great ear for radio, and be a creative thinker. The ideal candidate will not only have good news judgement, but will be familiar with long form narrative radio production, and will be excited to go deep on important and timely issues. This person will also have to be able to find and pitch stories, do some field production/reporting, and promote the product through social media.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or communications or the equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience in radio production.
- Must have excellent audio editing skills.
- Must have knowledge of writing, broadcasting, editing, voicework, production, and be familiar with recording equipment.
- Must have good news judgment and ability to give and receive criticism.
- Excellent communication skills are required and candidate must be able to work closely with a small team of producers every day.
- Must be able to engage audiences and promote our product across all social media platforms.
- Must be able to work efficiently on deadline.
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia area is a plus.