- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Brooklyn is looking for a Managing Editor to enhance and support our mission in the New York City market. This position will be responsible for oversight of day-to-day news gathering, ensuring aggressive daily news coverage for on-air and digital media. Additionally, we want an outstanding individual who can execute news strategies aligned with the station's hyper-local brand. The Managing Editor will: be responsible for accuracy and ethics; he/she will supervise day-to-day operations of the Brooklyn newsroom; support the AM executive producer in setting the editorial agenda for the day for Brooklyn, as well as the Bronx; work closely with the assignment desk supervisor to assign stories and monitor story coverage on-air and online; work closely with one-man-band reporters, anchor/reporters and assignment desk editors in areas of enterprising story ideas, story development, script writing and story presentation. They will also handle administrative duties including but not limited to: general office maintenance, upkeep of newsroom equipment, vehicles and supplies.
- Minimum of eight years experience in television news gathering.
- Minimum of four years news management experience preferred, including scheduling and performance reviews.
- Must have experience in creating compelling and engaging hyper-local content and the ability to enhance that content through new media initiatives.
- Ability to execute and develop brand compliant content and engaging storytelling.
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and coach staff.
- Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
- Must have a strong work ethic; ability to work any assigned shift, including being available for management on-call weekend coverage.
- Knowledge of the New York City market preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.