Freelance Marketing Communications Writer
This is a freelance position, local in Richmond, VA or nearby area with the ability to commute most weekdays. No remote workers at this time.
With new undertakings afoot at Guns.com we are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and creative marketing and communication (marcomm) writer. We have corporate, departmental, customer, and general communications, amongst others, that need to be produced. The ideal candidate will be someone who has the immediate bandwidth to push forward the workload while advancing Guns.com’s brand, vision, and voice.
A successful candidate will have a detailed resume and proven track record of working under similar freelance agreements and job directives. Deep firearms/industry knowledge is not necessary for this role. This position will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field
- 5-7 years in a writing/editorial role at an agency, media, publisher, or branded content studio; or within a content-driven corporate communications team
- Exceptional writing and communications skills with attention to grammar, spelling, structure, and voice.
- Proficient at marketing/promotional writing, journalistic writing, and technical/business writing
- Experience writing content that communicates technical or industry-specific information to the client’s target audience
- Understanding of the legal and operational constraints of creating content
- Comfortable in a collaborative environment with the ability to communicate across multiple departments including marketing, tech, and editorial, as well as the executive leadership team
- Capable of meeting deadlines and managing multiple priorities in a face-paced environment
- Exceptional time management skills with a passion for process and organization
- Self-motivated, eager, inquisitive, proactive, enthusiastic
- Chief Marketing Officer