Award-Winning PR Agency Seeking Stellar Public Relations Assistant Account Executive
- Full Time
This entry level position will provide overall support to the account team, while learning the fundamentals of PR. The ideal candidate will be a recent college graduate and have had previous PR experience. The AAE position is a fast-paced, dynamic role where individuals will have the opportunity to master the AAE skill set and advance by performing and demonstrating a passion for creativity, strong writing and a team-player attitude.
- Prioritize own work, meet deadlines, and actively communicate progress and deliverables.
- Perform ongoing client media monitoring and summary reports/emails.
- Create targeted media lists for broadcast, web, and print outlets as well as digital influencers.
- Write and edit media materials such as pitches, media alerts, fact sheets, bios, and case studies.
- Responsible for daily account management activities, such as agendas, recaps, activity reports, media monitoring and coordination of all necessary materials for client accounts.
- Assist in the research of new business opportunities, client work, etc.
- Demonstrate familiarity with category specific writers and media outlets.
- Support execution of account plans.
- Begin conducting media relations, working closely with account team to learn the craft of pitching to secure media coverage.
- Assist in coordination of blogger and social influencer programs – i.e. facilitating invoices, mailings, product requests, etc.
- Coordinate and support media mailings and sampling opportunities.
- Help team prepare for client meetings—i.e. set-up, scheduling, catering, etc.
- Manage daily intern responsibilities.
- Complete individual tasks with minimal supervision.
- Serve as an active member of the team and demonstrate team-player attitude.
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- This is an entry-level account position
- Ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Familiar and/or have experience with PR databases/tools – i.e. Cision, PR Newswire, etc.
- Flexible, driven, creative and passionate about the communications industry
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Compensation based on experience
- Competitive benefits (health, 401k, etc.)
Sharp Communications is an award-winning PR, Advertising and Social Media agency. We specialize in helping best-in-class brands reach influential audiences. Offering a diverse roster of talent with highly motivated team members, Sharp not only drives its clients further, but also pushes the agency forward on the trajectory of success. Learn more about us here: http://www.sharpthink.com/