- Full Time
Luminary Labs is seeking a digital-savvy communications specialist to support programs for our Fortune 500, non-profit, and government clients.
You’re an action-oriented storyteller with a knack for bringing ideas to life.
You get excited about new communications channels and can quickly form a point of view. You have worked on an in-house marketing team or have agency or consulting experience serving large organizations. You know the ins and outs of major digital platforms and love activating audiences through marketing campaigns or communications programs. You are known for your high attention to detail, clear communications, and fresh thinking.
You care about the impact your work has on the world and have been looking for a career path that is both high-performance and high-impact. You are excited to work on projects focused on rethinking the future of work, closing the skills gap, stemming chronic disease, using data to make smart cities safer, and more.
People love to have you on their team. You love to be part of a team. You’re ambitious about growing within a consulting firm as a communications expert.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support communications and marketing efforts. Contribute to communications strategy and planning for our public-facing innovation challenges. Support building outreach lists, forming audience insights, message development, press pitching, and social media execution.
- Bring writing excellence. Take the lead on drafting materials for client projects, including writing blog posts, press releases, email newsletters, and social media posts.
- Serve as a communications advisor. Bring content and campaign strategies to life by applying your knowledge of digital and communications to our consulting work. Stay current on the latest marketing news and trends by attending events, classes, and/or following relevant online resources. Proactively share best practices and expertise with the team.
- Drive business visibility. Assist the development of company thought leadership and marketing materials, including our website, blog posts, and social media.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-4+ years work experience in tech-savvy communications and marketing; this includes 1-2 years experience working in an agency, consultancy, or with corporate clients
- Experience supporting large-scale integrated communications programs
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Superb writing chops; experience developing digital content and social media to activate audiences
- Excellent verbal skills and a high EQ; know how to translate communications strategy to internal and client teams
- Quickly get up to speed on new platforms or tools; experience with MailChimp, WordPress, and social media community management a plus
- Passionate about keeping up with new trends in marketing
- Have a strong record as a high performer in academic, volunteer, or work activities, with noted leadership accomplishments
- Easily adapt to new organizational cultures
- Are super-flexible, realistic, practical, and agile
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Does this sound like you?
Send us your resume and cover letter by clicking "Apply." In your cover letter, show us three examples of communications or marketing programs that you consider to be innovative. Let us know your availability for employment. Salary expectations are helpful. If available, also send us examples of your own work or thinking online (blog posts, Slideshare examples).
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
No agencies please.