Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Job Opportunity at Strauss Media Strategies
- Full Time
Looking for that next exciting career move? Are you a person that loves to pitch to local and national media outlets and gets excited about booking interviews with media outlets for exciting projects and clients? Strauss Media Strategies, Inc. (www.straussmedia.com) seeks to immediately hire an account executive and/or senior account executive for our growing and dynamic team in Washington, DC!
Strauss Media Strategies, Inc. is the nation’s premier public relations, communications and strategy firm that provides comprehensive radio and television outreach services to public relations firms, Democratic political campaigns, progressive non-profit groups, corporations, government agencies, and other organizations around the country. We organize and conduct radio and television media tours, audio news release campaigns, radio PSA production and distribution, on-site event bookings, radio promotion campaigns, and other services aimed at getting our clients exposure on radio and television.
As one of the elite firms in the broadcast public relations industry, our firm’s industry reputation is first-class, our company has won numerous prestigious media relations awards, and our clients are exciting, prestigious, sought-after and impactful.
The applicant must be dedicated, hard working, and energetic, have the ability to prioritize and multitask, have excellent organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and communications skills. A minimum of one or two years or more of experience in public relations, communications, political communication, or television, and/or radio, or related work is required and a working knowledge of radio and television PR tactics is desired.
- Booking radio and television interviews with networks, cable, and local stations.
- Organizing and managing radio media tours and television satellite media tours. Working directly with from beginning to end to manage their project
- Writing press releases, audio news releases, and PSA announcements.
- Generating radio public service announcement campaigns and implementing radio station promotions.
- Create and develop new business, write proposals and make presentations to generate new business.
- Producing radio commercials and buying radio advertising.
- Consulting on radio and television usage, strategy, and event planning.
- Dedicated, organized, hardworking, energetic and loyal.
- Smart and quick on feet, creative, and willing to work long hours if necessary.
- Positive working attitude and ability to get along with others.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, task oriented and ability to be flexible.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Strong writing skills.
- College education required.
We are located in the heart of downtown Washington, DC and conveniently situated within two blocks of the Metro Center metro location (Red, Orange, and Blue lines). Salary and title of position are commensurate with experience. Send cover letter, resume and salary expectation. We are equal opportunity employers; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, religion, disability, national origin, uniformed status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Apply for Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Job Opportunity at Strauss Media Strategies
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly