The Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness (ICPH) is an independent nonprofit research and development organization. Founded in New York City in 1990, ICPH focuses on action-oriented research designed not just to study the complex issue of family homelessness, but also to provide data and ideas that will inform and enhance public policy on serving homeless families. In addition to bringing information to policy makers at all levels of government and to colleagues in the research and advocacy community, ICPH also works to raise public awareness of homelessness through publications and other materials for schools and communities.
About the Opportunity
The External Affairs team at ICPH is looking to hire a part-time intern to support our team. Our ideal candidate is an undergraduate student and go-getter based here in NYC and looking to learn more about the policy research and non-profit communications space. The position would be for up to 21 hours a week.
- Maintaining digital archive of final reports, blogs, graphics, and media hits
- Building list of related organizations, dates of their conferences, twitter handles, hashtags, and contact info
- Tracking and sharing relevant articles with the team
- Assisting with general social media trend tracking
- Supporting event planning and execution
- Handling administrative tasks like invoice submission, report printing, etc.
- Current college student with a major in communications, marketing, journalism, or public policy.
- Understanding of basic communications approaches and strategies.
- Excellent writer and copy editor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Self-motivated problem solver capable of working as part of a team.
- Familiar with major social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to work at least 15 hours a week through May 2018.
- Experience with WordPress, Basecamp, and Hootsuite a plus.
This position will be paid an hourly wage, commensurate with experience. Opportunities to extend the internship may be discussed based on performance and interest.
ICPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.