Are you a news junkie who wants to find out the stories behind the headlines?
Someone who’s curious about the trends changing our world and the issues driving conversations on social media?
Can you track down the real-life characters that the audience can connect with – as well as the expert voices who can explain what’s happening and why?
If this sounds like you, then the BBC has an immediate opening for an associate producer based in Washington, DC.
As part of our dynamic team producing digital coverage of North America for a global audience, the ideal candidate will:
- be bursting with story and guest booking ideas
- have the research skills to help turn these into videos for the BBC News website and app
- think innovatively about storytelling treatments for a digital show on social media platforms
- have a track record of being creative, persistent, and a team player who takes initiative
- be fast and calm under pressure while also being able to plan future segments
You will also help broaden the kind of stories that the BBC tells, using the latest tools to identify trending topics and social conversations before they go viral.
And you will have an understanding of how social media can be used not just to promote content, but also as a source for stories and a way to engage audiences.
Still interested? Good. The next step is to show us what you can do.
Give us an example of an issue you think the BBC should tackle for its North American audience. What would be your original and smart take and which characters would you want to interview to make it an engaging read or watch? Please send along your resume too.
At least two years of journalism experience required; must be eligible to work in the US.
Apply for Associate Producer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly