Part-Time Production Assistant
- Full Time
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Part-Time Production Assistant will operate teleprompter during newscasts for in-studio anchors. The successful candidate will also work with director and production crew distributing rundowns before broadcast. Candidates should have at least 1 year of television production experience. Prior experience running teleprompter is a plus.
• Copy and distribute live shot information sheets and newscast rundowns
• Setup and operate teleprompter during live newscast
• Keep pace with anchor reads and react quickly to breaking news rundown changes
• Work with Engineering Department to troubleshoot and solve any technical issues with teleprompter system
• Other duties may be assigned Qualifications
• A minimum of 1 year experience in TV production (professional or college) is preferred
• Prior live news experience is a plus
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Able to handle breaking news with ease
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of production
• Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide-range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects
• Able to work weekends, mornings, nights, and holidays as needed
WFXT/Boston 25 is an equal opportunity employer.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-MA-Dedham-25 Fox Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Unposting Date: Ongoing