- Full Time
WLWT-TV has an opening for a high energy, highly skilled meteorologist. We are looking for a communicator who has a passion for weather and telling weather stories. Ideal candidate must be able to utilize the latest weather technology and information to create an accurate, compelling and easy to understand weathercast.
· Weather data analysis and forecasting.
· Working knowledge of radar information and the ability to interpret and analyze data.
· Produce a wide variety of weather graphics to help local viewers understand what is happening in their local towns.
· Report weather on air daily and in the field during storm events.
· Post weather updates to social media and digital platforms.
· Attend community appearances Ability to ad lib weather information during breaking news, and long form weather cut-ins.
· Stay up to date with the latest technology and forecasting analysis techniques.
· Attend daily editorial meetings to update staff on the latest weather information and coverage strategy.
· Work well under pressure in a time sensitive environment Work as a team supporting all staff meteorologists daily, and especially during weather events.
· Report from the field on weather stories and community events.
· In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting
· Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
· Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
· Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
· Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to tell a compelling weather story each day
· Ability to use television weather systems
· Radar experience
· Ability to understand weather research and build weather strategies
· Must be able to work all shifts, holidays and weekends, when needed.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology or related field CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
· Military training and experience will be considered.
· Previous on-air experience required.