Senior Digital Editor
- Full Time
The senior digital editor is an integral part of the digital content team. The senior editor edits content from staff and freelancers for a site that publishes new content daily. The editor needs to be able to maintain the site’s editorial voice, conceive editorial packages, edit well and manage the editorial calendar.
Specifically, the responsibilities include:
- Edit content daily and top-edit email newsletters and blogs
- Plan and build the homepage each day
- Manage the editorial calendar and develop themed content plans
- Assign content and work with freelance writers on original articles
- Generate engaging, interactive content ideas for multiple platforms
- Help conceptualize and coordinate special projects such as editorial packages, interactive features, native advertising, etc.
- Conceive, pitch, report and write articles for the site.
- Supervise interns
- When needed, act as producer on video shoots or Facebook lives
- Load content into Drupal-based CMS
The successful candidate will possess the follow experience and skills:
- B.A. in Journalism, English or related field
- 3+ years writing and editing for a fast-paced, highly trafficked website
- Knowledge of and experience with search engine optimization
- Experience working in Drupal-based CMS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Photoshop
- Highly organized, detail oriented and capable of managing multiple projects