Tech and Policy Reporter
- Full Time
Exciting opportunity at a media company with a devoted following specializing in New York City and state politics and government. The tech and policy reporter will produce a morning email newsletter summarizing the top New York tech policy news as well as doing original reporting on tech and other key sectors.
The tech and policy reporter will be responsible for:
– developing a morning email newsletter dedicated to tech policy in New York
– producing ground-breaking analysis and breaking news stories on tech issues
– building a following and becoming a go-to expert on New York tech policy
– moderating panel discussions and emceeing policy events
– appearing on television and radio and making other public appearances
– meeting strict deadlines
– reporting and writing stories on a range of additional policy areas, including health care, education, transportation, labor and energy.
– The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of reporting experience and a familiarity with the New York political landscape.
– Candidate should have a willingness to dive deep into the nitty-gritty of tech policy and other topics.
– Our readers expect magazine-style content with personality. The candidate’s writing must pack a punch.
– Candidate should be creative, attentive to detail and highly organized.
– Candidate must work early mornings Monday-Friday and some Saturdays.
– Candidate should be a self-starter, with great attention to detail.
Send resume, cover letter and three writing samples