Communications Assistant, E! Entertainment
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Perform administrative support tasks for SVP and two VP’s, including phone coverage, calendar management and scheduling, reconciling expenses, manage budgets and billing, update press website, coordinate screeners/mailings, maintain editorial calendars, update press lists, back-up help for the department's press managers, and other assignments as required
• Compile daily clip packet, distribute press materials to key executives, keep team apprised of all breaking news and monitor social media for all network and series related coverage
• Assist in social media updates on behalf of the department and the tracking of talent and reporter activities on all platforms
• Support department with daily media requests
• Assist press managers with talent press junkets in booking travel and creating schedules.
• Assist with press junkets, print interviews, set visits, photo shoots and broadcast and production related activities for the cable channel
• Assist press managers in the creation of show press materials, programming releases and planning of special events including the semi-annual TCA press tour, Summer Press Day, award shows and company town halls
• Provide executive support and liase with assistants for top executives.
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum 1 years experience in publicity / communications, ideally in television communications
• Minimum 1 years experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Desired Characteristics :
• Excellent understanding of social media
• Ability to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Individual must exhibit strong interpersonal skills and needs to be able to work both independently and with a team
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Superior organization, creative skills, high attention to detail
• Experience coordinating multiple assignments and projects with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Highly resourceful and problem solver
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. "E! News" airs nightly on the network and is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across all digital and social media. E! programming includes popular series “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” "Total Divas," "Botched," "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry" and "WAGS," as well as the network's first original scripted series The Royals." Additionally, E!'s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights. E! is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visit www.nbcuniversal.com.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.