Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Assist publicists with coordinating various media requests to support the studio and awards campaignsPrepare internal clip packages for show press coverageDistribute press releases and other press correspondence; update contacts on press release siteAnswer phone and perform regular administrative dutiesTrack award submissions and prepare entry forms, travel, awards ceremony coverage, payment, etc.; Oversee Emmy submissions for all Universal TV programs.Maintain distribution lists and contacts for publicity staffMaintain the calendars and manage the schedules of publicity staffWork and facilitate press events including semi-annual press tours, award shows, specials and eventsDevelop and maintain positive relationships with talent, producers, public relations agencies and representatives, agents, managers, production staff, media and programming executives in order to ensure maximum positive coverage for Universal TelevisionPoint of contact with other departments in the company (Marketing, International and Domestic Syndication P.R., Talent Relations, Photo, etc.) regarding publicity activities/events/materials for UTV projectsManages sensitive information with discretion Maintain charitable contribution sponsorships – keep track of all invoices, W-9’s, guest lists and ad submissions; Submit invoices and W-9’s to financeMaintain show sheets including update talent information along with their representativesArrange talent travelSend out daily ratings grids Read scripts from shows assigned to your managers and write blurbs for themClip magazines received from newsstand daily
The Press Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day activities managing the show publicity and public relations of Universal Television.
• Bachelors degree
• Minimum 1 year relevant work experience
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to prioritize work and multitask over a wide range of responsibilities.
• Possess strong work ethic and be dependable.
• Possess a high level of organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent administrative skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Strong financial management skills.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.