Director of Digital Communications
- Full Time
Director of Digital Communications
Job No: 492880
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Location: Brookdale Center, 55 Fifth Avenue, NY, NY
The Director of Digital Communications is responsible for generating, maintaining and managing all digital content and social media campaigns for Cardozo Law School, working closely with senior leadership to implement outreach for admissions and for numerous faculty achievement posts tailored to specific audiences. The director plays a key role in brand strategy and implementation, helping to highlight and differentiate Cardozo's unique strengths and vitality to a wide audience. Part of a four-person team the director reports to the Assistant Dean of Communications and plays a key role in managing all digital internal and external communications, overseeing daily management for the communications office.
• Run targeted social media campaigns
• Website content management, homepage updates, news feeds, event information, & program and faculty directory pages
• Gather and generate content for social media feeds including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Manage and create content for campus digital flat screens and kiosks
• Daily monitoring of news about the law school and its faculty, plus dissemination of all important events and news on the Cardozo website
• Coordinate daily running of the communications office
• A key contact person for administrators, faculty, student groups
• Supervise advertising and marketing of public events
• Coordinate writing and release of press releases, working with administration to develop communications strategy for important messages from the law school
• A key contact with the Yeshiva University Marketing Communications team, including designers, videographers and others
Experience & Educational Background:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a communications related major, and 2+ years of experience as a manager in communications or a related field such as journalism
• Strong capability in all digital communications email and social media campaigns
• Experience in an academic office a major plus
• Experience managing a website with numerous departments and programs, training individuals to manage their pages, assisting in website updates and integration of content
• Demonstrated ability to manage communications projects, working with others to produce content on deadline.
• Proven experience as an excellent writer and proofreader
Skills & Competencies:
• Must be highly proficient in all digital platforms
• A CMS expert, experience in Drupal a major plus
• Familiar with Adobe, InDesign, Photoshop, Constant Contact
• Design capability or sensibility preferred for basic invitations, digital news blasts and in-house electronic information screens
• Able to work efficiently and collegially with other university offices as well as outside freelancers and vendors
• Some successful project management experience
• Experience generating and managing digital marketing campaigns in-house and in paid media environments
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.