Editor in Chief
- Full Time
Editor in Chief
Marijuana Business Daily (MJBizDaily), since 2011 the best-known producer of B2B news and trade shows serving executives and major investors in America's $6 billion cannabis industry, is seeking an editor in chief to lead our editorial strategy and manage a fast-growing team of editors, reporters and researchers.
You'll be based in our Denver office reporting to the Vice President and will receive a competitive salary, paid time off, 401(k) and health benefits. As seen in Inc Magazine, Forbes and the WSJ, we are a highly professional, award-winning, fast-growing company. Relocation considered for the perfect candidate.
Day to day job description:
- Maintain our editorial vision and evolve it as needed based on changing industry trends and audience needs
- Take ownership of our website, magazine, research reports, newsletters and other editorial content offerings, helping to drive these efforts forward, gain new readers and keep the ones we have engaged
- Oversee a team of 20+ editorial staffers
- Spearhead collaboration with other departments - marketing, tech, sales, events - to launch and execute content-driven projects
- Continuously pitch ideas to stay on the leading edge of content, from video and social media projects to investigative pieces and series
- Work with events team to develop content for our conferences
- Take a business-minded approach to editorial, figuring out ways to monetize content
- At least two years of management experience at a business-to-business/trade publication; those who do not meet this requirement will not be considered
- Previous experience as an editor in chief or in a high-level editorial leadership role
- Experience managing 20+ staffers and implementing and maintaining editorial processes
- Experience as both a reporter and editor
- Experience setting and managing budgets
Marijuana Business Daily is a division of Anne Holland Ventures Inc. Should you be offered a position, please expect to complete a background/reference check. Anne Holland Ventures Inc. is a woman owned and an equal opportunity employer.