Editorial Manager, Strategic Content
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
C News is looking for an Editorial Manager with digital expertise to join our Strategic Content team. We need a Swiss army knife of a person: an experienced content developer with success creating content for screens of all sizes and an editorial visionary with a track record of rare ideas.
You’ll leverage some of the most influential news brands in the world to conjure great editorial programs with great advertising hooks that clients and audiences will both love. Rinse and repeat.
· Create and support editorial content and partnership elements on TV and Digital platforms.
· Communicate with editorial brands across the news group to fulfill sponsorship commitments.
· Develop new editorial concepts, framings and packages with an eye towards monetization.
· Think 12-months ahead and plan for big editorial events by collaborating across brands and platforms.
· Run cross-platform projects that may have text and multimedia elements on air, online and on social and newsletter platforms.
· Write, edit and assign content for digital and social platforms
· Manage a team of editors responsible for creating digital and TV content for all brands and platforms
· Act as the liaison with Editorial Standards and Practices for the execution of sponsorships to maintain editorial integrity of content.
· Create materials for proof of performance that will attract new business and retain active business.
· 10+ years’ experience creating content, ideally producing for Digital and some TV.
· Bachelor s degree in journalism, communications or other discipline emphasizing storytelling or multimedia creation.
· Deep understanding of the news marketplace and the opportunities for strategic and monetizable content.
· Very familiar with news standards and practices. Must feel strongly about upholding news divisions’ values.
· Self-starter who can book and produce complex shoots as well as adapt editors ideas into successful production plans.
· Creative digital native who understands the importance of monetizing content while maintaining editorial integrity.
· Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital video as a distinct form of content.
· Imaginative and creative producer with strong editing, writing and social skills along with a bottomless list of fresh ideas for stories and new ways to engage with users
· Understanding of production functions of shows and platforms to produce deliverables for sponsorship packages.
· A passion for lifestyle coverage, news content and regular consumption of news stories.
· An abundance of self-awareness, especially when it comes to leadership. Must know when to lead and when to yield the floor to colleagues.
· Strong communication skills, particularly with articulating strategy and positioning to clients and internal stakeholders.
· An understanding of how data informs content; must be able to make data-based decisions
· Competitive mindset; always looking to outpace competitors and improve positioning for our brands.
· Strong understanding of the NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC brands and familiarity with our programs and platforms.
· Exceptional organization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.