Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Writing & Editing
Specialty: Editor / Editorial
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Develop and execute strategy for acquiring rights to desirable TV & Film programming, sourced from varying studios and sources.Identify appealing series and films early in the life cycle.Utilize relationships with distributors to enable successful licensing of content.Build content pipeline around specific genres and verticals.Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments).Represent acquisition interests across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, content marketing) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis.Manage and evaluate external accounts through performance tracking and relationship cultivation in an effort to extend/enhance existing deals and identify new opportunities for great programming.Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment -- locally, in specific markets, and globally, across all territories.• Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners Other projects and duties as assigned.
The Director will guide content acquisitions for Telemundo Network, providing critical support in setting strategy, deal negotiation, execution and management.
• BA/BS and at least 10 years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
• 6 years of negotiation/sales experience
• Prior television, studio, management consulting or media-focused technology experience preferred
• Direct knowledge of market-specific players and television programming
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills
• Great analytical and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis and strategic thinking • Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
• Ability to evaluate content on a creative basis
• Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
• Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and across multiple geographies and time zones
• Excellent project and time management skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.