Senior Multimedia Reporter, CNBC Make It
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Make It is looking for an experienced Senior Multimedia Reporter. The role requires a strong background in writing for both video and print, as well as proficiency producing, interviewing high profile guests and editing.
The Multimedia Producer will work with editors and senior staff to generate original story ideas, video series, explainers and smart angles on trending topics centered on entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. The Multimedia Reporter will see their projects through from pre-production through final delivery.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in writing and video production at a major media outlet and a proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Pitching, writing, editing and producing original stories and content
• Prototyping new video executions including series, mini documentaries and explainers
• Partnering with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions for their print stories
• Coordinating with partners across all CNBC platforms to develop digital video content to support cross-departmental efforts
• A strong ability to tell visual stories in creative ways leveraging video footage, graphics and animation.
• Four-year college degree with course work/major emphasis on communications, journalism, TV/Web production, or multimedia studies
• At least 5 years of experience producing digital video content at a major news network or online news publication
• Must have expert-level experience reporting, writing, editing and producing original video content
• Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite with an emphasis on Premiere and After Effects
• Demonstrated knowledge of online production and multimedia storytelling, and working knowledge of online publishing systems and technologies
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
• A video production reel of the candidate's work is required
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.