Manager, Video Production
- Full Time
Manager, Video Production
This position is responsible for advancing the mission and messaging of the U.S Travel Association through development and distribution of video across multiple channels, with a primary focus on reaching association members and other stakeholders.
- Serve as U.S. Travel's inhouse videographer and video editor, using available equipment, including camera, sound and lighting;
- Use video editing software to produce "ready for market" U.S. Travel video content;
- Serve as point of contact for departments needing video services, as well as point of contact for external video production vendors (as required by project);
- Achieve quality and continuity between multiple projects while working against aggressive deadlines and adapting quickly to changing circumstances;
- Assess and resolve technical and creative issues;
- Assist the industry communications team by creating shareable video content for social media, and downloading, trimming, and editing videos for select U.S. Travel events;
- Coordinate with marketing department on video products to support membership and event promotion;
- Support select U.S. Travel events onsite by capturing b-roll, sessions, testimonials, etc.;
- Organize and archive video footage;
- Liaise across U.S. Travel departments to ensure cross-office collaboration and streamlined use of video communications;
- Identify and suggest areas the association can grow video capabilities and equipment inhouse;
- Maintain awareness and expertise in the latest technology trends, techniques, and tools related to video production and visual storytelling.
- Teamwork: Demonstrating and promoting a spirit of cooperation within and outside work unit; working together toward a common goal; building good relationships with internal and outside work unit; building good relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Communication: Conveying written and oral communications effectively; negotiating and mediating effectively; sharing information; listening attentively, and responding appropriately.
- Initiative: Recognizing the need for action; confronting issues and taking appropriate action; pursuing an issue until the problem is solved.
- Developing Staff: Training, coaching and counseling others continually to improve; developing capabilities through formal and informal training and coaching; developing backup capabilities; helping colleagues in their pursuit of career goals.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems affecting the work unit or U.S. Travel Association; taking early corrective action to avoid problems; generating new ideas and practical solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree plus three- to five-years' experience in the field of video production. Knowledge and experience within the travel industry a plus.
Skills desired include: Intermediate proficiency in Adobe, specifically Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; Experience with Adobe After Effects; Experience with filming using Sony Handycam CX455 or other available equipment; Experience with staging, including lighting, props, sound, etc. using available equipment; Familiarity with Google Drive, Dropbox and Slack
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, reference list and video samples via the link provided with "Manager, Video Production" listed in the subject line.