Executive Producer- In-Depth Explanations
- Full Time
EP EXPLAINERS “IN-DEPTH EXPLANATIONS”
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an executive producer to lead a small group of video journalists producing clear and compelling explainer videos as part of its global video team. Top candidates for this position will demonstrate excellent editorial, production and team-management skills. Although you will be the key manager in this unit, this is a hands-on role and we are seeking a strong producer with a track record of creating highly-visual, in-depth videos that make sense of complicated topics, trends, issues and developments, with a specific focus on The Journal’s core coverage areas.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching, pitching, developing and producing original ideas for explainer videos
- Managing a small team of video journalists and graphics editors, overseeing the production process from concept to publication
- Providing clear and productive guidance to all team members to strengthen the creative and editorial executions of all videos
- Inspiring and educating team members to utilize multiple formats, including motion graphics, animation, stop-motion and still imagery to bring complicated subjects to life
- Collaborating with editorial leaders in all coverage areas to ensure that The Journal’s in-depth reporting and editorial values are reflected in every video
- Coaching video producers, beat reporters and news editors to appear on camera or in voiceover
- Researching, writing and producing coverage, as necessary
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times
- Ability to work late hours and weekends as news developments may warrant
- Completing additional duties as assigned
Key candidate requirements:
- At least five years experience producing explanatory videos in a digital environment
- Demonstrated experience translating complex concepts into easy-to-understand videos
- Proven track record of success conveying information and telling stories in creative ways using video, audio, motion graphics, animation, and stop-motion elements
- Excellent shooting skills, including deep familiarity with Sony FS5 and FS7 packages
- Ability to edit high-quality videos on tight deadlines using Adobe Premiere
- Expertise with After Effects and Illustrator are musts
- Experience lighting and directing in-studio shoots
- Understanding and/or interest in business and markets coverage is preferred
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter clearly outlining how their skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements, along with links to five videos that represent the type of work described.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com