Assist with the planning and executing of marketing and promotional events, community outreach, and employee parties, including management of all aspects of the eventProvide on-site management for network events including but not limited to Authentic Fan, team, sponsor and affiliate related events and coordinate with the outside venues and vendors Supports team with Authentic Fan database maintenance and migration to new CRM systemHelps to develop and manage e-mail marketing programs to targeted users via SalesForceServe as department liaison with on-air promotions producer, news department and technical staff for the implementation and fulfillment of all Authentic Fan in-game elementsProduce recaps of all Authentic Fan partnerships in a timely fashion Manage all aspects of network merchandise and premium items including inventory management, budget, ordering, and processing of all invoicesCommunicates with team partners to execute season deliverables and works internally at NBC Sports across departments to clearly implement promotional plans for brand events/priorities Coordinate the implementation of network promotions from drafting creative briefs to drafting rules securing legal approval for sweepstakes and contests, assisting with coordinating digital assets and social media integration, as well as winner fulfillment and recaps Manage the marketing internship programAssist the digital department by creating, scheduling, posting and monitoring sponsorship social platform postings Assist and create a strategic plan for filling marketing promos on traffic logs to meet marketing goalsResponsible for ongoing archiving of promotional spots and sales elements and completing requests for video recaps needed to fulfill sponsorship contractsAssist Sr. Director of Marketing and Senior Marketing Manager in administrative functions where needed; perform all other duties and tasks as needed by the marketing departmentBasic Qualifications
• BS/BA degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, sales and/or promotions experienced related to sports, media or television or entertainment industries (internships included)
• Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Photoshop and social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, , etc.)
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
Desired CharacteristicsPassion for sports preferred
- Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Bethesda, MD and events in Washington, DC metropolitan area
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Ability to lift and transport boxes (approx. 40 pounds).
• Must have a valid driver’s license
Ability to meet deadlines and work as part of a team, while also being able to work in a fast paced environment
Knowledge of our network, as well as Washington, DC teams and athletes
Experience working at on-site events, with an advertising agency or broadcast/cable company is preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.