Director of Communication
- Full Time
The hospitality industry is looking for a dynamic, multi-tasker who knows the press, understands how to make news and get headlines. We’re looking for a great writer with strong press contacts who can proactively pitch media and garner coverage. The Director of Communication is responsible for managing all communications plan activities and building external relationship with AHLA’s constituencies and the media. Writes and delivers press releases and handles all communication sent to the public and members. Good writing, a positive attitude and an eagerness to join a fast-paced environment is strongly desired.
- Collaborate closely with the Government Affairs team to determine day-to-day and week-to-week media messages.
- Proactively pitch Hill and national press on important issues.
- Monitor press, arrange interviews, draft press and briefing materials, track coverage.
- Create industry statements, releases and press materials.
- Draft speeches or presentations for senior leadership team and Officers of the Board.
- Update social media channels and web site; grow network of followers.
- Draft content for internal or member communications and collateral.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- College degree in related field;
- Minimum of five years direct experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journalism background preferred.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
- Strong project management skills
- Domestic travel required.
Apply for Director of Communication
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly