Account Director, imre Health
- Full Time
imre Health is one of the fastest growing and most exciting agencies working in healthcare marketing today, and we’re looking to add a pivotal leadership role to our roster of rock stars.
Reporting to one of our vice presidents, the account director we’re looking for brings a wealth of agency or client-side experience, mastery of the digital and social landscape in pharma and shares a mutual calling to improve the way that pharma brands interact with patients and healthcare providers.
A successful Account Director serves as trusted counsel to our clients, possesses a profound understanding of the pharma industry and has proven success at identifying opportunities and securing organic growth.
The ideal candidate for this position is above all else, passionate about working in healthcare, and is also an energetic team builder who is in fearless pursuit of transformation in the pharma marketing landscape.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall leadership for account teams in planning, recommending and implementing proactive communication initiatives for assigned clients.
- Partnering in the development of novel and highly impactful brand strategies.
- Planning and developing programs and services which are consistent with the client’s mission and brand strategy.
- Operationalizing new and untested approaches for engaging audiences online and offline.
- Plans, develops, and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to clients.
- Fiscal management of client budgets. Accountable for the development, management and evaluation of operating budget, and for achieving objectives while operating within budgeted expense targets.
- Building, maintaining and growing strong client relationships.
- New business development and account growth.
- Keeping agency leadership informed of the status of accounts, challenges, opportunities, staffing needs, plans and meetings.
- Maintaining a high level of performance by the account teams and other agency personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, knowledge of marketing techniques and typical agency procedures in order to coordinate effective campaigns and programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external audiences, to propose marketing and communications goals and objectives and to build relationships with clients and stakeholders within clients’ organizations.
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods; to plan, coordinate, and evaluate communications activities; and to prepare reports and analyses.
- Team leader who encourages collaboration and ideation among team members as well as an aggressive and fearless marketer, that is willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality work on behalf of their clients
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint presentation development and Excel, are required
- Workable understanding of FDA regulations for advertising and digital promotion.
- Agency experience is preferred; pharmaceutical marketing experience is required
- 9-12 years of experience
Candidate can be based in NYC or Baltimore where he or she will enjoy a culture centered upon work-life balance, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our benefits include reduced work hours on Fridays for the entire year, quarterly mind and body bonuses for health and wellness, sabbatical leaves and bonuses for longevity, in addition to 401K matching.
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.