HBO Manager, Foreign Language Program- Fixed Term
The Foreign Language Program is responsible for the reversioning and localization of HBO original and acquired content.
The position of Manager Foreign Language operates as a post-production supervisor in the creation of foreign-language versions for series, mini-series and films. This person must operate on both a technical and workflow level.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage production of foreign language versions with 3 other staff members.
- Interact with vendors, broadcasters, film festivals and/or other departments within the organization to establish and confirm delivery dates.
- Establish production schedules with vendors, negotiate pricing (when necessary), and ensure delivery of all materials required for production.
- Verify that all end users of foreign language versions (both external and internal to the organization) are receiving what they need when they need it.
- Screen and validate every French dubbed version to verify that the content remains true to the original version and for obvious technical flaws. Ensure that all required fixes and retakes are done as quickly as possible and also make sure that the latest revisions are delivered to all end users.
- Review and organize immediate fixes of PTSO-rejected French masters and eventual fixes of non-PDPO-produced foreign language versions. This includes arranging for and verifying that fixed versions are re-delivered to the appropriate broadcasters and departments in a timely fashion.
- Manage the distribution of the unit’s workflow amongst the staff.
- Minimum 5-7 years reversioning experience, 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity. The candidate must have actual experience managing foreign language version production.
- Candidate must also have strong team leadership skills and be able to guide production personnel through the delivery requirements process.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of video and audio elements; understand current digital post production workflow and technologies; network and broadcast delivery and quality control requirements. Must be able to communicate in technical terms with vendors and post production specialists, including colorists, editors, mixers, and producers.
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and cope with ever-changing deadlines. Must be fluent in French. Conversational ability or familiarity with any of the other FIGS languages (French, Italian, German, Spanish) a plus.