Sr. Technology Editor - CNN Business
- Full Time
CNN Business is looking for a Sr. Technology Editor to join the team!
CNN Business is expanding its presence in Silicon Valley to deepen its business coverage of the companies and technologies disrupting every sector of the global economy.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
-We are looking for a Senior Tech Editor will play a key role in the CNNMoney newsroom -- finding, assigning and editing stories and managing a team of reporters covering technology.
-The Section Editor will oversee Tech but will work with other CNNMoney teams in the US and abroad.
What will you be doing?
- Identify, assign and line edit tech stories appropriate for CNNMoney
- Manage, mentor and teach reporters
- Plan news and long-term coverage
- Work closely with other newsroom disciplines including video, design, development
What do we need from you?
- 7-10 years of editorial news experience
- Track record of success in busy newsrooms
- Experience collaborating with other editors and reporters
- Strong communication skills
- Experience covering or demonstrated passion for technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
- Facility to work across a complex global organization
- Bachelor Degree in communication, journalism, TV production, or related field preferred. In lieu of a degree, we would consider experience and on the job accomplishments.
- Strong news judgement
- Strong line editing and writing skills - Strong collaboration and communication skills - Ability to mentor and teach reporters
- Demonstrated passion for breaking news
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.