- Full Time
American Media, Inc. is looking for a Commerce Writer with a strong SEO background to take the lead on writing online shopping editorial featuring the best deals and products across our men’s lifestyle and men’s enthusiast verticals, starting with Men’s Journal.
The ideal candidate has a passion for finding the best products and services across our main men’s lifestyle verticals of gear, tech, health and fitness, and style, and has an ability to share his or her excitement of products and services with readers in clear, compelling, and upbeat copy. He or she should be a conversational writer who has a passion for online shopping and men’s lifestyle trends and can describe any given item or service with conviction. We’re seeking an individual who actively stays abreast of the latest happenings in men’s lifestyle and is able to craft compelling revenue-generating shopping articles across a variety of mensjournal.com categories from watches, whiskey and cars, to nutrition, grooming, sports, and more.
This individual will create shopping content on a daily basis and work with existing edit and commerce groups to ensure all new and existing content is properly monetized through affiliate marketing across our men’s brands. Commerce content includes everything from deals and flash sales on must-have tech, clothing, gear and more to new and interesting items that just hit the market. The writer will use data, guidance from AMI leadership teams, relationships with AMI business partners, and his or her own editorial know-how to determine the best ways to feature products and services in content.
- Write and update daily articles about shopping, deals, product recommendations, and more for Men’s Journal.
- Experiment with various content formats to drive traffic and sales conversions
- Edit incoming stories for content monetization SEO strengthening
- Work closely with the leadership continuously improve the effectiveness of your work.
- Work with existing team to ensure brand voice accuracy in writing and brand safety in product and service selections
- Research products across categories to include in content with a focus on men’s lifestyle.
- Use data and metrics to inform story ideation and creation, and participate in brainstorm sessions to conceptualize and polish future story assignments that engage our audience and drive sales
- Pay attention to deals and sales in the industry, along with the latest brands, products, online services, things that are worth our audiences’ time and money
- 2+ years of editorial experience: Ideally you have worked in a busy digital media environment and are used to quick turnarounds
- Strong familiarity with editorial SEO best practices: Should be comfortable identifying opportunities to increase ranking for existing content.
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Awareness of the growing commerce and affiliate space and pay attention to trends and happenings in the industry.
- Must be adaptable and open to change - This department and role have goals related to audience and revenue, you need to be mindful and aware of what is working and what is not
- Affiliate Marketing experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Drive and Analytics, ability to interpret data
Include Salary Requirements when responding to the job post.