- Full Time
American Media, Inc. is looking for a Commerce Writer with a strong SEO background to take the lead on conceptualizing and creating editorial content featuring the best deals & products across our men’s lifestyle and men’s enthusiast verticals, starting with Men’s Journal.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a mix of editorial and analytical skills, and experience working within or overseeing content-based affiliate marketing operations at a digital media brand. They will also have experience working with existing editorial teams and freelancers, as well as taking the lead on a performance-based commerce strategy. The ideal candidate has a passion for finding the best products and services across celebrity, entertainment, lifestyle, and pop culture industries, with an ability to share his or her excitement of products and services with readers in clear, compelling, and upbeat copy. He or she should be a conversational writer who has a passion for online shopping and can describe any given item or service with conviction.
This individual will create commerce content on a daily basis and work with existing edit groups to ensure content is monetized across our men’s brands. Commerce content includes everything from deals and flash sales on must-have products to new and interesting items that just hit the market. The writer will use data, guidance from AMI leadership teams, relationships with AMI business partners, and his or her own editorial know-how to determine the best ways to feature products and services in content.
- Write and edit daily articles about shopping, deals, product recommendations, and more.
- Experiment with various content formats to drive traffic and sales conversions
- Edit incoming stories for content monetization SEO strengthening
- Assign commerce content to staff writers & freelancers
- Work closely with the editorial, social, and data teams to continuously improve the effectiveness of your work.
- Work with existing team to ensure brand voice accuracy in writing and brand safety in product and service selections
- Research products across categories to include in content with a focus on men’s lifestyle.
- Use data and metrics to inform story ideation and creation, and participate in brainstorm sessions to conceptualize and polish future story assignments that engage our audience and drive sales
- Track KPIs for commerce content to report to leadership, make informed decisions & shape men’s commerce strategy
- Pay attention to deals and sales in the industry, along with the latest brands, products, online services, things that are worth our audiences’ time and money
- 2+ years of editorial experience: Ideally you have worked in a busy digital media environment and are used to quick turnarounds
- Strong familiarity with editorial SEO best practices: Should be comfortable identifying opportunities to increase ranking for existing content.
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Awareness of the growing commerce and affiliate space and pay attention to trends and happenings in the industry.
- Must be adaptable and open to change - This department and role have goals related to audience and revenue, you need to be mindful and aware of what is working and what is not
- Social media background--understanding of what resonates with audiences
- Willingness to go above and beyond to achieve revenue goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Drive and Analytics, ability to interpret data
Include Salary Requirements when responding to the job post.
Apply for Commerce Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly