Digital Media Consultant
- Full Time
** Please Note: This position will be required to work West Coast hours.
The Inside Digital Media Consultant (IDMC) is responsible for growing profitable new and existing customer relationships through discovery of key customer business issues and the sale of Dealer.com (DDC) solutions that increase the customer’s digital marketing effectiveness.
The goal of this position is to drive service led solution sales by establishing trusted advisory role relationships with existing clients within their assigned Territory/Region via Web presentations and phone calls. The IDMC focuses on understanding the dealer sales needs, marketing strategies, and business requirements in order to effectively recommend appropriate solutions, close sales and meet assigned quotas. This role also focuses on achieving revenue goals; forecasting accurately on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly schedule; developing a pipeline of opportunities; and meeting assigned business objectives.
- Work with their assigned Business Development Consultant to clearly define monthly objectives
- Work with assigned Digital Advisors ongoing to identify territory up-sell targets
- Proactively engage clients directly during targeted upgrade initiatives.
- Create and deliver sales proposals that adhere to the standard terms and conditions of DDC sales agreements and which have been accepted and approved by the DDC contract analyst team and sales management.
- Identify decision makers, near term client business issues, pain points and challenges, about which DDC can improve, enhance, or remedy the situation.
- Lead client discussions and presentations via Web based meetings and phone calls. Schedule and lead follow up meetings as needed.
- Structure sales and negotiate terms within the boundaries of DDC pricing philosophy and policy.
- Uncover and generate regional Raving Fan client references and testimonials.
- Identify and escalate client issues and concerns which you believe require senior management level intervention to the Inside Digital Sales Director &/or Inside Digital Sales Manager.
- Achieve assigned productivity goals and meet minimal sales performance standards (QUOTA), maintain organizational standards for managing dealer contact and consulting activity, and adhere to our corporate values in all business activity.
- Complete weekly pre-call research activity at assigned activity levels and log acquired business intelligence into Salesforce database. Follow the prescribed DDC sales process to manage optimal results.
- At the beginning of each month, complete a forecast for each month’s productivity and update at the beginning of each business week and review with your Inside Digital Sales Manager. Forecast accuracy is expected to be within 5% plus or minus actual end of month results.
- Provide reports as directed. Accountable for accurate and timely reporting of daily, weekly and monthly sales planning activities. Know and understand sales pipeline protocol and sales stage definitions as provided by the Inside Digital Sales Manager. Be prepared to discuss your current pipeline and advanced opportunity meeting results in detail daily.
- HS Diploma Required, Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of proven experience in a sales revenue generation role
- Previous experience and a proven high level of success presenting/selling solutions to clients
- Ability to travel within regional geography
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Valid Driver's license
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in various technologies, Salesforce, MS Office
- Strong understanding of the specific market as it relates to automotive and digital media
- Demonstrated and complete understanding of Cox Automotive Media Solutions, general understanding of all other Cox Automotive companies/solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-VT-Burlington-128 Lakeside
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing