Event Operations and Technology Specialist
- Full Time
Cox Automotive is currently looking for an Event Operations and Technology Specialist to join our team in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Event Operations and Technology Specialist is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of event scheduling and developing logistics, including coordination of production services, coordination of technical services for event network/internet, budget management support and request for services. This position is responsible for creating run-of-shows and budgets and executing those efficiently. The Event Operations and Technology Specialist manages creative assets for events through Adobe software. This position is also responsible for identifying and managing technology solutions for event-related platforms such as apps, online meeting scheduling and registration sites. This role requires strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities, maintain confidentiality, accountability and the ability to easily adapt to new circumstances.
Effective communication and coordination with other departments, executive staff, and outside vendors and contractors is an essential part of this position.
- Activates and manages onsite event production services
- Partner with Executive & Internal Communications and Events team members to support stakeholder objectives with the production and delivery of client and employee meetings, and events.
- Project manages production elements of key team member and client events
- Manages the development of event apps and registration sites for events
- Researches best practices for app development and registration sites
- Manages room reservations and event scheduling for all events
- Manages creative assets for event through Adobe software
- Responds to client requests and communications in a timely, and thorough professional manner
- Collaborates with Event Production team members as needed for multimedia support
- Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach
- Strong client focus and partnership mindset in working with cross-functional teams
- Actively seeks teammates for their input and insights on developing projects
- Supports leadership in helping to build a unified team mindset
- Serves in a consultant role with internal clients and team members to determine optimal solutions to production planning
- Engages with the Events team in account/client meetings when applicable
- Presents a positive and productive attitude with coworkers and clients
- Strong verbal and written skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates expertise of skills, tools and procedures for applicable equipment and software
- Ability to manage (direct) a production crew or act as an operator (technical director) as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in:
- App development using Crowd Compass and Cvent platforms
- Registration site development (Cvent)
- Online meeting scheduling software options
- Project management software (SmartSheet)
- Virtual meeting software applications such as Skype for Business, BlueJeans and UStream
- Ability to create run-of-shows and execute efficiently
- Solid understanding of assets and capabilities of live productions
- Basic understanding of how to set up, interconnect and operate audio/visual equipment, including projectors and screens, video cameras, computers, audio mixers, video switches, microphones, speakers and lighting elements
- Ability to operate PowerPoint, Keynote and Prezi presentations
- Ability to set up and operate Wi-Fi networks and hard-wired internet connections
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, time-management and problem-
- solving skills
- Leverages data and trends in the competitive landscape to inform the production design process
- Supports and demonstrates corporate brand knowledge
- Effective use of Internet, Microsoft Office applications, Mac OS applications and other event production software as identified
- Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines and always strives to do the work right the first time
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work
- Helps solve problems before they negatively impact the project, team or processes
- Pays attention to all details of a project to ensure they meet requirements and exceed expectations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of a degree, education and work experience will be considered
- 3+ years proven event planning and execution
- Experience producing and/or delivering virtual events such as webinars, training, etc.
- Knowledge of basic virtual meeting and training platforms such as Adobe Connect, Pro, Zoom, WebEx, Skype, etc.
- Efficient in both PC & Mac operation systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Audition & Sports Sounds
- Efficient in Cvent, Smartsheet and Crowd Compass and other platforms as identified by Production Services
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote and Prezi software
- Adobe Photoshop & After Effects or similar software
- Strong client management, time management, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Basic project management experience
- Off-site location travel is required up to 40% time
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing