Social Media Strategist
- Full Time
NYIT (New York Institute of Technology) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and osteopathic medicine. A non-profit independent, private institution of higher education, NYIT has 9,000 students at campuses in New York City (Manhattan) and Long Island (Old Westbury) in New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; Vancouver, British Columbia; and in various programs around the world. NYIT sponsors 13 NCAA Division II programs.
NYIT is guided by its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, offer access to opportunity to all qualified students, and support applications-oriented research that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 graduates have received degrees from NYIT. For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Institute of Technology Office of Strategic Communications and External Affairs seeks a talented and innovative social media strategist to help develop and maintain a strong online presence for NYIT. Your primary role will be to implement our online strategic marketing strategies through NYIT’s institutional social media accounts. You should be a tech-savvy professional with creative ideas for communicating with the NYIT community through social media. Ultimately, you will be charged with increasing web traffic and NYIT community engagement, measured by metrics aligned with the institution’s broader marketing strategies.
As a social media strategist, you will develop original content (in multiple media including video) and suggest innovative and fresh ways to attract prospective students and promote NYIT’s reputation as a place for makers, doers, innovators, and inventors. NYIT provides students with a hands-on education that propels them into the real world and rewarding careers in fields ranging from medicine, life sciences, and health care to computer science, engineering, and business to digital arts, architecture, and interior design.
- Manages, develops content (in multiple media including video) for, and monitors NYIT’s institutional social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and new/emerging social media platforms.
- Works closely with the marketing director to develop, implement, and enforce NYIT’s institutional social media strategy, including measurable marketing and advertising plans that leverage specific outlets’ strengths and formats.
- Manages a Social Media User Group, trains NYIT community members involved in social media, and assists them by evaluating/guiding their content. Schedules and leads monthly informational meetings to discuss strategy, analyze effectiveness, and share best practices.
- Produces original content and collaborates with writers, editors, designers, photographers, videographers, and others to develop social media-specific content.
- Advocates for NYIT in social media spaces, engaging in dialogs and answering questions where appropriate including in Wikipedia, community/higher education sites (including comment areas), and blogs.
- Collaborates with admissions to leverage engagement of key audiences.
- Leverages competitive intelligence to provide leadership/strategy on how NYIT should innovate and evolve within the social media space.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience in marketing, public relations, and social media
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- Ability to produce and deliver creative content (text, images, video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and channels
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Excellent communication skills
- Marketing experience in higher education or an industry aimed at “Gen Z” is a plus