- Full Time
Serial Box is hiring a Creative Producer to support the rapid expansion of our audio and ebook content offerings. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with experience in editorial, agenting, book packaging, video game narrative, or TV/film development with a creative mind, entrepreneurial spirit, and the desire to shake up how we produce and consume entertainment.
About Serial Box: Serial Box sits at the crossroads of publishing, podcasting, Hollywood, and tech. We artfully blend together the best of series television and the convenience of ebooks and audiobooks to bring readers a new form of story telling. We use a TV writers room model and teams of writers to create addictive episodes that we then deliver straight to users’ digital devices to be read or listened to anytime, anywhere. Find out more about Serial Box and our series at www.serialbox.com.
The Creative Producer will play a vital role in developing our ongoing content strategy by pitching their own story ideas, acquiring series, recruiting authors, licensing existing content, and using their creative and editorial skills to create high quality series.
- Pitch series ideas
- Solicit series pitches from agents and authors
- Make acquisition decisions in collaboration with other departments
- Negotiate deals and contracts
- Run writers rooms
- Act as series producer managing creative development, production schedules, and writers
- Provide developmental and line edits
- Manage freelance copyeditors, proofreaders, artists, and audio production (with support form the production team)
- Make decisions about audio and art production
- Collaborate with Marketing and Publicity to leverage content to entice new users
The ideal candidate:
- Will constantly have new ideas about initiatives to deliver a better experience for our users.
- Is excited about using data as well as their gut and industry knowledge to make content decisions.
- Is enthusiastic about the tech aspect of the company and able to think beyond just publishing ebooks or audiobooks, but about how to create an addictive new media experience.
- Has a special way with writers and can keep them happy and productive under pressure.
- Is used to delivering high quality content under tough deadlines.
- Has strong relationships with agents, editors, and authors.
- Has experience working on IP projects with demanding partners.
- Loves storytelling in all it’s forms (particularly audio), has a strong knowledge of SFF, as well as a wide array of commercial genres.
- Approximately 5 years professional experience in a relevant field.
Working at Serial Box means being part of an energetic start up environment full of smart, kind, ambitious, creative, and collaborative people. We’re looking for a team member who can match our sense of hustle and fun. A great sense of humor is a must!